House Painters Calgary | So, you’ve just had professional painters come in a paint your home. Congratulations! That must feel good to complete a task off your list. But how do you keep your wall as pristine looking as they are now? Here are a couple tips to help you keep your professionally painted walls clean.
Make sure to give your freshly painted wall at least two weeks to dry before washing them.
It’s important to give your walls sometime to fully dry before your first wash, this will prevent paint being rubbed off in the process.
1. Dust your walls.
Dusting your walls semi-frequently ensures that your walls stay clean, and no build up of debris occurs. If you are planning on washing your walls be sure to dust them with a cloth or duster.
2. Address scratches, smudges, and imperfections as soon as possible.
Of course, life is going to happen in your home and your walls are going to get marks, scratches and imperfections at some point. The sooner you address these the easier they will be to remove. Start by gently dabbing the stain with a amp cloth or non-abrasive sponge. It may not need cleaner to get it off. If it does not come off with the first attempt, dip a damp cloth into some baking soda or a solution of baking soda and water and gently scrub the mark.
3. Deep clean your wall about once a year.
Deep cleaning your walls once a year can significantly brighten up a room.
House Painters Calgary | Here are some quick tips on how to wash your walls:
- Wear rubber gloves and start by using plain warm water. If there are marks on the wall use soapy water. (Mild dish detergent and water works best)
- Fill one bucket with mild soapy water and a second bucket of clean water for rinsing.
- When using any cleaning products makes sure to test it out on a small patch of the wall before cleaning the entire wall.
- Start at the at the walls top left-hand side and work your way over and down. Apply a mildly damp sponge in a circular motion.
- If you’re cleaning a room with tall walls it is okay to use a clean sponge mop with a long handle so you can reach.
- Avoid using coloured soap and dyed sponges since they can cause staining.
- Consider washing your walls on a warm dry day so you can have the windows open afterwards to help the walls dry faster.